1.1 pounds. That is what I lost this week. 1.1 pounds. I’m of two minds about this.
First, my logical side:
- Hey, it’s a loss! Yay losing weight!
- On Biggest Loser, the 2nd week is always the worst.
- The water weight from the first week’s loss isn’t there to pad this number, this is all real fat leaving my body.
- The program says losing between 0.5 and 2 pounds per week is a healthy range, this is healthy, losing too fast isn’t good for your body.
- At least my skin elasticity will be able to keep up.
Now for my gut reaction:
- 1.1 pounds?? What the F*@%??
- I haven’t even been consuming all my points per day! It’s a lot of points, and I’ve been staying below, so I should be losing even MORE than 2lbs per week!
- Is this because I splurged at Mom’s Night Out?
- That’s bullshit, I didn’t even use all my weekly bonus points!
- Am I not eating ENOUGH? I’ve heard if you don’t eat enough, you’re body can go into starvation mode and hoard calories.
- That’s bullshit, I’m not even hungry. I eat when I’m hungry.
- Is this because I’m not exercising?
- That’s bullshit, I should be able to lose some weight with food changes. I’m not ready to add another thing to my to-do list.
- Is this because of the one night we went to Chick-fil-a?
- That’s bullshit, I didn’t even eat the fries. I DIDN’T EAT THE FRIES!!!
Soooo…yeah. I’m working on it. After weighing in, part of me wanted to run to Bread Company (Panera for those of you outside of St. Louis) and get a nice, yummy bagel breakfast sandwich. To hell with these points, they’re not working anyway. But I didn’t. I had my Kashi cereal and skim milk and I planned my lunch out today. I’m doing this. I’m working this program, I’m changing my eating habits for good. I tell myself that next week will be better. My body will give in to these changes and start shedding the weight. I’m 3 pounds away from my first goal (5% of my starting weight). I might make that goal next week or maybe the week after, but I’m not giving up.