Like ripping off the band-aid. That is what I’m comparing to jumping back on the blogging bandwagon. Quick, a little painful, but soon a distant memory. So what if it’s been 5 months. Things haven’t changed all that much. Here’s a little rundown of what you may have missed since April:
- Fell off the Weight Watcher’s bandwagon. Haven’t actually stepped on a scale since about April and not very eager to either. C’est la vie.
- Took a 9 hour road trip to Atlanta. Everyone survived.
- My baby turned two. MY BABY TURNED TWO!
- Two has been interesting. It often lives up to the stereotype, but not always, and there are a lot of days where he’s so unbelievably awesome that I have to pinch myself a little.
- My great aunt passed away. She was old, she was awesome, she is missed.
- Summer came and is (hopefully) on it’s way out. It was hot.
- We are sorta semi potty training. When Goober feels like it. Since he’s only 27 months and the Parents As Teacher program recommends waiting until 2 1/2 to ensure all the bladder nerves and control are developed, I’m not pushing it yet. I’m thinking during Christmas vacation we might try one of the 3 day methods. We’ll see.
- Hubby is still out of work. It still stresses me the hell out.
- For a variety of reasons, we’ve decided to put Goober in full time daycare. One day a week he stays with Hubby’s mom, one day a week he’s with my dad, and three days a week he goes to a sitter we found (we will call her J.) J is amazing and awesome and has incredible patience with Goober. He started back in May and had a pretty difficult time adjusting (a.k.a. he cried all damn day for the first few weeks.) Now’s he’s at the point where he doesn’t cry at all (mostly) when I drop him off and asks me when he gets to go next.
- I’m in my LAST class of my Master’s program! Next semester I will take my comprehensive exams (’cause I was too
lazybusy to try to study for them this semester) and then I will graduate in May. Wooohooo!
- Did I mention I’m the parent of a TWO YEAR OLD? Insert your choice of incredulous sentiment of flying time here.